- 3 to 4 medium size zucchini of similar length
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet sugar free taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup of cheese
Additional toppings if desired:
- diced tomato, sliced olives, avocado, salsa, and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Wash and slice zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon scoop out seeds and center pulp. Place zucchini in the baking pan, season with a little salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake until zucchini are tender, approximately 30 – 35 minutes (depending upon the size of your zucchini).
- While zucchini is baking, brown ground beef, then add taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water. Cook over medium high heat until liquid is reduced and meat mixture to reach desired consistency. Keep taco mixture warm while zucchini is baking.
- Remove zucchini from the oven. Spoon warm meat mixture into zucchini boats, and top with cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!