- 1 whole Spaghetti Squash baked, pulled apart into spaghetti (about 5 cups spaghetti)
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Garlic Cloves crushed or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 ½ cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 14 oz Rotisserie Chicken Breast cooked and shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 1.5-liter square glass or ceramic baking dish with butter or a rectangle 13-inch (33 cm) x 9-inch (22 cm) baking dish. Set aside.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
PREPARING THE SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the extremities of the spaghetti squash.
- Stand the squash upright, placing a chopping board under it, and cut the squash lengthwise to divide it in half.
- Use a tablespoon to scrape out all the spaghetti squash seeds and discard them.
- Brush the cut-side of each squash with olive oil or spray oil all over.
- Place each half squash, cut-side down, onto the prepared baking tray. Bake the squash for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the squash shell goes in and the inside of the squash is golden, and you can pull apart vegetable spaghetti from it. The smaller the squash is, the faster it is cooked. So I recommend checking the squash after 30 minutes. Open your oven, flip the squash on the other side, and using a fork, try to pull apart/fluff the spaghetti out of the squash. If it comes out easily, it is cooked. If not, flip back the squash on the tray, cut-side down, and keep baking for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip over the two squash using an oven mitten to avoid burning yourself. Let the steam evaporate for 10 minutes.
- Then, keeping the oven mitten on, hold the squash with one hand and pull apart the spaghetti with a fork, scraping the flesh.
- Place all the spaghetti noodles into the prepared baking dish. Spread evenly to cover the dish. Set aside while making the sauce.
MAKE THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in heavy cream, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Stir and cook on low heat, simmering the sauce for 1-3 minutes until cheese is melted and the sauce thickens and strings of cheese form.
- Stir in chopped parsley and unsweetened almond milk to make the sauce thinner and easy to pour over the baking dish. If you are using shredded chicken, add the shredded cooked chicken breast into the sauce now. Remove from heat.
ASSEMBLE THE CASSEROLE
- Pour the sauce all over the baking dish containing the baked spaghetti squash noodles and use a spoon to combine the sauce with the vegetable spaghetti. Stir well to make sure all the noodles are covered with the sauce.
- Add shredded mozzarella all over the baking dish and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes. Then, if cheese is not broiled yet, switch the oven to broil mode for 1-2 minutes to broil cheese on top.
Recipes makes 9 servings, Serving Size: ½ cup
326 Calories, 24g Fat, 6.7g Net Carbs, and 20g Protein.