- 2 lb chicken, cubed
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 – 4oz can of green chilis, drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 8 Mission Carb Balance tortillas
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Cook the Chicken
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil in the pan. Cook the onions for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the bite-sized chicken pieces, cumin, and chili powder and cook until the pieces are white on the outside. The chicken won’t be cooked all the way through at this point, but will finish cooking in the oven. Stir in the drained green chilis.
- Feel free to substitute roasted chicken or another type of shredded chicken you might have on hand. Making low carb enchiladas makes perfect use for leftover shredded chicken!
** Or use frozen chicken strips for an even quicker recipe!
- Assemble the Keto Enchilada in Red Sauce
- Spray a 9×13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add a large spoonful of enchilada sauce to each tortilla and spread
- The sauce on one side of the tortilla.
- Add chicken down the center of the tortilla, which will be about
- 1/2 cup of chicken.
- Sprinkle with a generous sprinkle of cheese.
- Roll the tortillas up and place in the baking dish either seam side up or seam side down.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the keto chicken enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of the low carb enchiladas recipe.
- Bake and Serve
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired, and serve with sour cream, avocado, salsa, or chives on the side.