- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp full fat cream cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Cook the bacon until very crisp then blitz in a mini chopper until you have very small pieces (or chop up).
- Slice the ends of the Brussels sprouts and slice in half if they are on the larger side. Remove and discard the outer leaves.
- Heat the butter in a large lidded casserole. Add the sprouts once butter is foaming and sauté, stirring, for five minutes.
- Add the cream, garlic paste, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chives. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it melts.
- Cover the casserole and transfer to the oven for 25 minutes.Uncover casserole and add the grated cheese and bacon.
- Switch to the broiler (grill) and cook until cheese melts.
- Serve warm as a side dish.
Calories: 468 cal | Nets Carbs: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 44g