- 2 large portobello mushroom caps (4 oz each)
- 1 cup pulled pork (6 oz)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar-free BBQ sauce (I recommend G Hughes)
Optional for the Mushroom Caps:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for the caps -OR-
- 2 tbsp Italian Salad Dressing
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut a piece of parchment (or foil) to line the bottom of a small rimmed sheet pan.
Heat the pulled pork until warm. Mix with the BBQ sauce and cheese. If the pork is dry, add a little more sauce, water, or oil to moisten. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
Snap the stem off of the mushroom caps. Scrape out the black gills with a spoon. Rub Italian dressing or olive oil over the outside of the mushroom caps. Season the inside with salt and pepper.
Stuff each mushroom with 1/2 of the pulled pork stuffing and place on the pan. (The mushrooms can be covered and refrigerated at this point to be cooked later. Let come to room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. They may need a little more time to cook.)
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the mushroom cap is cooked through.
- Serving Size: 1 mushroom cap
- Calories: 548 I Fat: 41g I Net Carbs: 5g I Protein: 39g
- Recipe from: Low Carb Maven