- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped, fresh cilantro, or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 oz. (4 tbsp) shredded, cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (1¼ oz.) watercress or baby spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
Crack the eggs into a bowl, and add the cilantro, heavy cream, and green chili. Whisk together with a fork, until well combined. Season with plenty of black pepper, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a small, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the egg mixture. Use a spatula to move the eggs around for about a minute while they cook. When the outer edges become opaque, run the spatula around the rim of the pan to loosen it. Shake the pan to make sure the omelet can slide.
Scatter cheese over the entire omelet, followed by the watercress. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and leave for a couple of minutes. Serve right away.