- 1 lb medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, tail-on or tail-off)
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced (or ghee, or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or chicken stock, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large head of broccoli, broken into florets
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Cut 2 sheets of 14 by 12-inch heavy-duty aluminum foil then lay each piece separately on the countertop. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the spice mix: Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika (plus powdered stock if using, see notes).
2. In a shallow plate, add shrimp and sprinkle with the spice mix, coating on all sides.
3. Divide shrimp onto the aluminum foil near the center then place broccoli florets to one side of the shrimp.
4. Add garlic over broccoli and shrimp, then sprinkle with lemon juice, red crushed chili pepper flakes (if using) and finish with salt and pepper. Divide butter pieces evenly among the shrimp foil packets, layering them over the shrimp and broccoli.
5. Add a tablespoon of vegetable stock in each foil packet and wrap packets in and crimp edges together then wrap ends up. Don’t wrap too tight – keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake shrimp foil packets in the oven, sealed side upward until shrimps have cooked through, about 15 minutes.
7. Carefully unwrap the baked shrimp and broccoli foil packets then garnish with fresh parsley and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!